There is one law in the Cooper House: Anything that can be made into a waffle, will be made into a waffle.
- waffle mix
- cheese (we used aged goat cheese, use whatever suits your fancy!)
- homemade kimchi (click here for the recipe)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan and add in your onions. While the onions are caramelizing, prepare your waffle mix according to package instructions. Feel free to jazz up your waffle mix with any herb or spice that floats your boat. Cook your waffles and make sure to leave your waffle maker on after you remove your finished waffles.
2. Move your waffles to a cutting board and slice each lengthwise to make two slices of waffle “bread” out of each waffle. Layer cheese, avocado, caramelized onions, kimchi, and more cheese. Top with the other half of the waffle and return the waffle sandwich to the waffle maker.
3. Once the cheese is all melty and delicious, carefully remove the grilled cheese sandwiches from the waffle maker. Slice it just the way you like it and enjoy!