After so many months of buying store bought gluten free crusts and using recipes from different blogs, the Cooper Wives were getting pretty sick of decent, bad, and downright disappointing gluten free pizza crusts. M especially had resigned herself to never having a real pizza again (even though the pizza muffins we made are an awesome replacement). She had forgotten how wonderfully brilliant L was in the kitchen, and when M came home one night after a long day at work she walked into the best surprise. L had managed to create and execute the Best Gluten Free Pizza Crust ever. Seriously. It’s fluffy, crunchy, sturdy, soft, everything you want a pizza crust to be – and it’s gluten free. L was given the opportunity this weekend to remake the crust for Family Night, and we are happy to present a recipe for the Best GF Pizza Crust. Ever. (All submissions for competition are welcome. We love pizza.)
*Yields two pizza crusts.
- 1 cup Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix (we cannot guarantee other flour blends will work as well for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/4 cup H2O
- 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
*Preheat oven to 450*F/232*C
1. In a medium sized bowl combine all ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
2. Grease two 9-inch cake pans, divide the pizza dough and evenly spread over the bottom of each cake pan. Add any desired seasonings to the top, we like a sprinkling of herbs de provence and sea salt.
3. Place the pans in the oven and turn the temperature down to 350*F/176*C. After 25 minutes, or once the crust has turned a pretty golden brown, remove them from the oven. Top with whatever toppings are closest at hand and bake again for 5-7 minutes. Ta-da! Now enjoy the Best Gluten Free Pizza Crust.