As always, we got to bring home some of our delicious preparations for family night. Today, we took a fajita and made it a waffle.
- waffle mix
- corn meal
- bell pepper/onion fajita mix
- smoked paprika
- chile powder
- kosher or sea salt
- 2 eggs
- sun dried tomato cheese curds
- fajita aioli
1. Prepare waffle mix according to package instructions, substituting half of the mix for corn meal. Add in a dash (or more) of each spice and pour into your preheated waffle maker.
2. Heat up two pans over medium heat with a little bit of butter in them. In one, reheat your bell pepper onion fajita mix. In the other, fry up two eggs any way you like.
3. Get your waffles out, pile on the fajita mix, and crumble some cheese curds over the top. Slide your eggs on and drizzle the aioli. Enjoy this spicy savory meal, made out of leftovers. Now that’s some good eating!