We enjoy taking the time to savor something that is typically only sweet.
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups H2O
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (plus more for topping)
- handful of basil leaves, chopped
- kosher or sea salt, to taste
- 2 eggs, fried
- a chunk of gorgonzola, diced or crumbled
- 4 strips of bacon, crisped & crumbled
- 1 bell pepper, diced
1. In a medium sauce pot combine H2O, tamari, sriracha, basil, and salt. Bring to a boil, add in oats, and reduce to a simmer. Continue to cook oats over low heat until water is absorbed and the desired consistency is reached, 10-15 minutes.
2. While your oatmeal is cooking, sauté bell peppers (preferably in bacon grease) until nicely browned. Now is also a good time to fry up your eggs and bacon if you haven’t already done so.
3. When your oatmeal is ready, spoon into bowls. Sprinkle the tops with gorgonzola, bacon, and bell pepper. Top with a fried egg and a drizzle of sriracha. Get your spoons ready to savor the flavor.