We were so happy to be buying eggs and cheese and meat at the farmers market again this week, so we had to celebrate with an omnivore-friendly waffle.
- waffle mix
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 strip of bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 eggs, fried
- 1 tablespoon of cream spun honey
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- a dash of smoked paprika
- a dash of cinnamon
1. Prepare waffle mix, halving the recommended amount and replacing with cornmeal. Mix chopped basil in and pour into waffle maker. Top with crumbled bacon (that you precooked in a pan) and gorgonzola. Close that baby up and let the magic begin.
2. Toss the peppers in the bacon greased pan. Fry until done; we prefer our peppers a little charred.
3. Move the peppers out of the pan. Crack two eggs and sprinkle the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper over them. Remove from heat and set aside to slide on top of the waffles.
4. By this point, your waffles should be done. Open up the waffle maker and admire how beautiful they are. When you’re done drooling and ready to eat, urged on by your growling stomach, begin the assembly! When the eggs are resting on the waffles, put your butter and honey in the pan. Melt and mix smoked paprika and cinnamon in. Drizzle and delight!
5. Once finished, smile and wave for candid camera! Just kidding. Eat like no one is watching!