We’ve been saving up a few choice ingredients for our final food day.
- waffle mix (we added crushed red pepper flakes, a dash of nutmeg, and a splash of vanilla extract to ours)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 6 ounces ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon homemade pesto
- a dash (or more) of the following: smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, dried sage, mustard powder and cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 2 eggs, preferably fried over-easy
- 1 tomato, sliced
- smidgen of honey
- salt & pepper, to taste
1. In a small bowl mix together ground lamb, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, dried sage, mustard powder, cumin powder, stone-ground mustard, and pesto. Get your hands in there and make sure it is thoroughly combined. Separate the lamb mixture into two equal portions and form into patties. Set aside for later.
2. Whip up your waffle mix according to the manufacturers instructions. This is when we added in our red pepper flakes, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. What can we say? We love our sweet & spicy mornings.
3. Heat up a tablespoon or so of butter in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan gets nice and hot, sprinkle the tops of each burger patty with a generous helping of salt and pepper. Place in the pan seasoned side down and repeat on the other side.
4. Pour your waffle mix into a pre-heated waffle maker. Drop bits of cream cheese over the tops of each waffle and close ‘er up. Cook ’til you drool.
5. Now is probably the perfect time to flip your burgers. Continue cooking until your waffles are hot & ready.
6. Plate waffles and smear with a smidgen of honey. Top each waffle with sliced tomatoes, a nice juicy burger, and a perfectly fried egg. Enjoy these waffles pre juice cleanse, like we did, and give your jaw a final hearty workout.