We aren’t the biggest fans of pancakes, at least not American ones. But these babies are another story. Wonderfully fluffy and custardy, not too sweet, even the most waffle loving fools can get on board.
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch/flour
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (local goat’s milk)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 pear, thinly sliced
*Preheat oven to 400*F/205*C
1. Grease the pan (we used some more butter), and set in the oven while the oven is preheating.
2. Add eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla to a bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Slowly pour in the wet mixture and whisk again until all lumps have disappeared.
4. Remove pan from the oven and slowly pour in the dutch baby mix. Gently place pear slices on top. Return to oven for 20 minutes.
5. Once finished, the dutch baby should be slightly puffed up and golden brown around the edges. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, a little drizzle of maple syrup, and serve. This baby is ready for some loving.