We have moved on to the Sweet portion of Waffle Fest 2014. We bring you a syrupy, sugary, fruity explosion of sweetness. Lick it up!
- waffle mix
- 1/4 cup organic flax
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 local porter peaches, sliced
- 1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- homemade organic grapefruit marmalade
- organic grade-b maple syrup
- organic powdered sugar
1. Place balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Prepare waffle mix adding in flax and vanilla extract. Once the waffle iron is ready, pour in the mixture. Mmmm smells good.
3. Let the balsamic come to a boil for one minute. Add in the peaches and allow to simmer while the waffles are cooking.
4. Once the waffles are finished, move to a plate and coat with your homemade marmalade. Top with the balsamic peaches, drizzle with maple syrup, and sprinkle some powdered sugar on top for good measure.