We are really getting into the stride of waffling all things breakfast and delicious. We both have really been craving cinnamon rolls (again) and have wanted to try waffling them, but the cinnamon rolls L makes are both labor intensive and time consuming, so we decided to look for a good premade mix to try out. We are very, very pleased with our results.
*Follow instructions on the back of the box for ingredient measurements not specified here. The only change we made was that we did not mix the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together.
- chēbē gluten free cinnamon roll mix (the box says it makes 12-15 but we only got 10 out of it)
- 2 local pasture raised eggs
- grapeseed oil
- milk (we used some delicious goat’s milk we bought from the farmers market)
- (organic grass-fed) butter
- organic brown sugar
- organic cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons organic grass-fed cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1. Add mixture and eggs together in a bowl. Pour in milk and stir until combined.
2. Roll mix into a ball and knead until elastic and smooth. Roll out on a plastic wrapped cutting board. Spread butter evenly across the dough and cover with brown sugar and cinnamon. (We made this change to make the cinnamon rolls more like traditional ones!)
3. Pull plastic wrap from one end of the cutting board towards yourself, rolling up the dough as you go. Spread plastic wrap back out and cut 10 to 12 to 15 evenly sized rolls from the roll. (We’re on a roll here.) Place into your waffle maker and get cooking!
4. In a small bowl, ‘whisk’ together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. (Begin cooking your bacon at this point if you want some.)
5. Once your cinnamon rolls are done waffling, move to a plate. Spread your homemade cream cheese icing on top and slide your bacon to the side. Enjoy these easy and delicious best of both worlds waffled cinnamon rolls.