Sometimes, you just have to go above and beyond.
- 1 bagel (we used Udi’s whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons butter (for extra pizzaz we used homemade garlic & chive compound butter)
- 3 strips of bacon, halved
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced
- 1/4 of a bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 local pasture raised eggs, cooked to your liking
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- 4 tablespoons organic cream cheese
- cheese of your choice, shredded
1. Cook your bacon crispy or flimsy, however you like. Remove from pan when done and set aside for assembly. Move about a tablespoon of the bacon grease into an additional sauté pan, we’ll come back to that in a minute. Now throw your butter into the same sauté pan that you cooked your bacon in and let it melt over medium heat. Lay your bagel halves in the pan and cook until golden brown and crispy on one side, repeat for the other side.
2. Add your bell peppers in the additional bacon greased pan and caramelize over medium heat until nicely softened and slightly browned. Reserve those along with your bacon. Since we’re being conservational this morning, go ahead and fry your eggs in that same pan. (M likes when L doesn’t dirty an abundance of dishes.)
3. In a small bowl mix together cream cheese, sriracha, and honey. (Using a whisk will help to get the lumps out, but sometimes we are just way too excited and impatient for perfection.)
4. When your bagels are looking oh so crunchy and delicious, plate those suckers and schmear with your spicy sweet cream cheese. Top with sliced avocado, sautéed bell peppers, bacon, a sprinkling of shredded cheese, and finish it off with a perfectly fried egg. You’re gonna want a knife and fork for this one!