Also known as Bacon Cashew Waffles with Maple Cream Cheese and Balsamic Reduction Caramelized Pears. Which definitely sounds more delicious but doesn’t roll off the tongue as well.
- waffle mix
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1/4 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pear, diced
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1. Pour balsamic vinegar into a small sauce pan and place over medium heat. When vinegar starts to boil, turn heat down to medium-low and allow to simmer until thickened and reduced by half. This will take about 15 minutes. (We like to make extra balsamic reduction and keep it in an air-tight container in the fridge for such occasions.)
2. Cook bacon crispy enough to crumble. Add cashews and crumbled bacon into your waffle mix and pour into preheated waffle maker.
3. While your waffles are cooking, heat the bacon grease from earlier in a sauté pan over medium heat. Throw in your diced pears and cook until browned and caramelized.
4. Combine cream cheese and maple syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 15 seconds and stir with a whisk until smooth and creamy.
5. Plate your waffles when they are ready. Top with maple cream cheese, caramelized pears, and drizzle with balsamic reduction. This breakfast is guaranteed to awaken your ‘buds!