Also known as Jalapeño Garlic Chive Butter Waffles with Maple Balsamic Peaches. Because who doesn’t like to savor the sweetness? L made this incredible garlic chive compound butter a while back, and we like to occasionally break it out to change up the flavor every now and then. Last night while we were trying to figure out whether we wanted a savory, spicy, or sweet waffle we thought: why not have them all? Eat the world!
- waffle mix
- substitute half of the waffle mix for cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon homemade garlic chive compound butter
- 1 jalapeño, diced (from M’s mother’s garden)
- 1 fresh peach or 1 cup organic frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup organic grade-b maple syrup
1. Mix together waffle mix, cornmeal, and diced jalapeños. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the microwave for 20 seconds. Add into waffle mix. Pour into waffle maker and wait for the savory smell to overtake your kitchen.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a medium sized sauté pan over medium heat. Add in peaches, allow to cook for two to three minutes. Add in the balsamic vinegar and let simmer for another two minutes. Once the vinegar has slightly thickened, pour in the maple syrup and cook for an additional three minutes.
3. By now your waffles should be done. Plate, pour your maple balsamic peaches on top, and please each and every one of your taste buds.