L loves carrot cake. It is by far one of her favorite desserts (mainly because of the cream cheese icing, but seriously, who can blame her?). And if anyone knows a way to justify eating a dessert by turning it into a waffle, it is most certainly the Cooper wives.
For the waffles:
- your favorite waffle mix or waffle recipe (Pamela’s baking & pancake mix is our most favorite)
- 1 organic carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup organic walnuts, toasted and chopped
For the icing:
- 2 tablespoons organic butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons organic cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic walnuts, toasted and chopped (for garnish)
1. Prepare your waffle mix according to package instructions. Mix in vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, and walnuts. Then fold in your shredded carrots. Pour waffle mix into your preheated waffle maker and cook to desired doneness. Get ready because the aroma is mouthwateringly delicious!
2. While your waffles are cooking, it’s time to whip up your icing. In a small bowl combine your butter and cream cheese. Using a whisk, whip them together until smooth and creamy. Add in your vanilla extract, salt, and powdered sugar. Whisk together until everything is combined and the icing is fluffy. Pass the whisk to a loved one and let them lick it clean. M is always more than happy to oblige.
Now THAT is some fluffy hand whipped icing.
3. When your waffles are ready, move those babies to a plate. Slather them with cream cheese icing and sprinkle the tops with chopped walnuts. Grab your forks, dig in, and don’t forget the coffee!