Continuing the savory kick, L got fancy today. It might be because M keeps singing that song, or maybe just because it’s fun to alter the basic waffles with eggs and bacon. Regardless, taste this gold.
You will need your waffle mix. This recipe serves two very hungry women.
Baked Scrambled Eggs Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon organic butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup milk (we use flax milk, if you haven’t tried it you should, it’s the tits)
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese
- a dash of nutmeg
- a dash of white pepper (you can use black if you don’t have white)
- 6 local pasteur raised eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 strips of bacon
- a couple basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
The recipe for Poor Woman’s Guacamole can be found here.
1. Preheat oven to 350*F/176*C. Place 1 tablespoon of butter in an 8×8 inch glass baking dish. Put the dish in the oven while the oven is preheating to melt the butter. Remove the dish when butter is melted. Swirl to coat the bottom and sides.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. When butter is melted, sprinkle flour over butter. Whisk together and cook for a minute. Add in 1 cup of milk, nutmeg, white pepper, and a pinch or two of salt. Let mixture come to a boil, whisk until thickened. Remove from heat. Add in gorgonzola and stir until the cheese is melted. This is a gorgonzola béchamel.
3. Whisk eggs and 1/4 cup of milk in a bowl with some salt and pepper to taste. Pour egg mixture into baking dish, drizzle béchamel over eggs, place into oven and bake for 8 minutes. While eggs are in the oven, cook your bacon crispy enough to crumble. After 8 minutes, remove eggs from the oven. Tear basil leaves and add to eggs with the crumbled bacon. Stir the eggs, making sure you scrape the bottoms and sides of the pan. Return to the oven for 16 more minutes, stirring again after 8 minutes.
4. While the eggs are cooking, prepare your waffles and Poor Woman’s Guacamole.
5. When everything is done, drizzle waffles with a little bit of maple syrup. Top with eggs and guacamole. Now get down, get down, get down.