The Cooper Wives are, if you weren’t entirely sure, both female. After having been together for many moons, our ‘times of the month’ now happen at the same time. Which means we both get chocolate cravings, bad, at the same time. L and M are more than just wives and lovers, we are best friends. Much like peanut butter and chocolate. We’re going to eat these up!
This recipe makes roughly 15 cookies depending on size.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free old fashioned oats (Bob’s Red Mill)
- half a stick of organic butter (Kalona)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup organic peanut butter (crunchy)
- 2 tablespoons dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher or sea salt (plus more for garnish)
Preheat oven to 400*F/205*C.
1. Place oats on baking sheet and toast in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Toss the oats several times throughout baking to evenly toast. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
2. Combine butter, sugar, almond milk, and cocoa powder in a sauce pot and bring to a boil over medium to medium high heat. Let boil for one minute, stirring.
3. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter and salt until smooth.
4. Add in oats and return to medium heat, stirring constantly for two minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Scoop heaping tablespoons onto Silpat (or parchment paper) lined baking sheet. Garnish with salt. Let cool and conquer!