Oh, don’t act so surprised. A three day streak is nothing. We said that we loved waffles. If you underestimated how far that love would take us, well, we’re glad that we’re setting the record straight. We hope this recipe with pucker your taste buds and sweeten up your day. For the waffle recipe, see our post Waffles 2.0.
- one whole organic grapefruit, segmented
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- goat cheese (we used a honey goat cheese, but whatever you like will suffice)
- honey to top (we recommend using local organic honey)
1. Make your waffle mix and begin cooking your waffles.
2. In a sauté pan over medium heat, place the grapefruit segments and sprinkle the sugar over the top. Let the sugar bubble until it creates a glaze. Toss the grapefruit every so often to evenly coat. Once almost all of the syrup is coating the grapefruit segments, remove pan from the heat and reserve to top waffles.
3. Once the waffles are finished, remove and crumble goat cheese over the top. Put the caramelized grapefruit on top of the goat cheese. Finally, drizzle the honey and the remaining syrup from the pan.