It’s whats for dinner.
- 1/4 cup H2O
- 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup organic raw cashews
- smoked paprika
- black pepper
1. Pour H2O, sugar, and cashews into a pot large enough that the cashews will be in a single layer.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar and coat the cashews completely. Continue to boil until the liquid is reduced and syrupy. This should take about 7 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix a pinch of each spice together. You should end up with about a tablespoon of the mix. When the liquid is almost gone and the cashews appear glossy, sprinkle the spices over the cashews. Stir to coat evenly.
4. Pour cashews onto Silpat (or parchment paper) lined baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Allow to cool and chow down!
We added our cashews to a salad with lavender goat cheese, grape fruit, and balsamic vinaigrette.